SCORED EFFERVESCENT TABLET
IDENTIFICATION OF THE MEDICINE
EFFERALGAN 500 mg, scored, effervescent tablet
Paracetamol 500 mg
Excipients: anhydrous citric acid, anhydrous sodium carbonate, sodium hydrogen carbonate. sorbitol, saccharin sodium, docusate sodium, povidone, sodium benzoate: so. for one scored, effervescent tablet.
Scored, effervescent tairtet.
Box of 16.
OTHER ANALGESICS - ANTIPYRETICS.
CASES IN WHICH THIS MEDICINE IS TO BE USED
This medicine contains paracetamol.
It is intended for the treatment of pain and/or fever, such as headasnes. influenza-like conditions, dental
pain, muscular pain,painful menstrual periods.
This presentation is restricted to adults and children weighing more that 13 kg (i.e. from about 2
years of age) :read Dosage section carefully.
Other paracetamol presentations are available for children weighing less than 13 kg : ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
This medicine MUST NOT BE USED in the following cases
- severe liver disease,
WHEN IN DOUBT ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR ; OR PHARMACIST
Consult your doctor immediately in the event of overdose or accidental administration of an excessively high dose.
This medicine contains paracetamol. Other medicines also contain this substance. Do not combine such medicines in order not to exceed the recommended daily dose (see the section on Dosage).
As it contains sorbitol, this medicine must not be used in cases of intolerance to fructose (a hereditary metabolic disease).
-If pain persis3 for more than Stays, or fever for more than 3 days or the medicine is insufficienty effective, or if ary other symptom develops, do not continue the treatment without consulting your doctor.
- In cases of severe liver or kidney disease, you must consult your doctor before taking paracetamol.
- In cases of salt-free or low-salt diets, the 412.4 mg sodium contained in each tablet must be taken into account in the daily intake.
WHEN IN DOUBT DO NOT HESITATE TO CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST
It your doctor prescribes an assay of blood uric acid or sugar levels, inform him that you are taking this medicine.
IN ORDER TO AVOID POTENTIAL INTERACTIONS BETWEEN DIFFERENT MEDICINES YOU- MUST ALWAYS INFORM YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST T IF OTHER MEDICINES ARE BEING TAKEN.
Under normal conditions of use, paracetamol can be used during pregnancy and when breast-feeding.
AS A GENERAL RULE, IT IS ALAYS ADVISABLE TO CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR DR BEFORE TAKING ANY MEDICINE DURING PREGNACY OR WHEN BREAST-FEEDING.
HOW TO USE THIS MEDICINE
This presentation is restricted to adults and children weighing more than 13 kg ( i.e. about 2 years of age or over).
The paracetamol dosage depends on the child's weight; ages are given as guidance only. If you do not know the child's weight, you must weigh the child in order to administer the most suitable dose.
Paracetamol is avatar e at many different strengths and consequently the treatment can be adapted to the weight of each child.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol depends on the child’s weight: : it is about 60 mg/kg/per day, to be into 4 or 6 administrations, i.e. about 15 mg/kg every 6 hours or 10 mg/kg
every 4 hours.
The usual dosage is
- Children weighing from 13 to 20 kg (about 2 to 7 years), the dosage is one sachet per administration, to be repeated if necessary after an interval of 6 hours, without exceeding 4 sachets per day.
- Children weighing from 21 to 25 kg (about 6 to 10 years), the dosage is one sachet per administration, to be repeated it necessary after an interval of 4 hours, without exceeding 6 sachets per day.
- Children weighing from 26 to 40 kg (about 8 to 13 years), the dosage is two sachets per administration, to be repealed if necessary after an interval of 6 hours, without exceeding 8 sachets per day.
- Children weighing from 41 to 50 Kg (about 12 to 15 years), the dosage is two sachets per administration, to be repeated if necessary after an interval of 4 hours, without exceeding 12 sachets per day.
WHEN IN DOUBT, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR LA PHARMACIST.
METHOD AND ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION
Pour the contents of the sachet into a glass and then add a small quantity of liquid (for example water, milk, fruit juice). Dissolve completely and drink immediately.
In addition, if the child's temperature exceeds 38.5C, the following steps will
improve the efficaciousness of the medicine treatment:
- undress the child,
- give the child liquids to drink,
- do not leave the child in an excessively warm place.
FREQUENCY AND TIMING OF ADMINISTRATION OF THE MEDICINE
Regular administrations avoM fluctuations in pain levels or fever.
In children, there must Sea regular interval between administrations, during both day and night, preferably of 6 hours and at least 4 hours.
In cases of serious kidney disease (severe renal fa lard, the inferno l between administrations must be at least 8 hours.
If the pain persists for more than 5 days,or fever for more than 3 days ,if they become more severe, or if any other symptom develops, do not continue the treatment without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
Inform a doctor immedfately in cases of overdose or accidental poisoning.
UNWANTED AND UNPLEASANT EFFECTS
LIKE ALL ACTIVE PRODUCTS, THIS MEDICINE CAN, IN CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS, BRING ABOUT EFFECTS OF GREATER OR LESSER SEVERITY
DO NOT HESITATE TO SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST AND REPORT TO THEM ANY UNWANTED OR UNPLEASANT EFFECT WHICH MAY NOT BE REFERRED TO IN THIS PACKAGE LEAFLET
Do not store above 30sC Store in no dry place